3 Incredibly Refreshing and Guilt-Free Summer Drinks to Enjoy
Summer is rolling along and the temps are soaring higher. Unfortunately, with COVID, many of us are left at home dealing with the sweltering heat with nothing fun to sip on while we relax on the porch watching the day pass by.
Of course, you could always make your own refreshing summer drinks but there’s all that sugar and “stuff” that will only add to your waistline. What’s a person to do? There’s that two-year-old diet Kool-Aid pack in the back of your pantry, but that doesn’t sound very appetizing.
Never fear, because your friends here at Bee Healthy Clinics have you covered. We know the struggle is real here in 2020, so here are three very refreshing and GUILT-FREE drinks you can make at home and enjoy at night or during the heat of the long summer days.
Drink #1: The Moscow Mule
This tasty little drink is a favorite of many and often seen being sipped from those sweet little copper mugs. Don’t worry: if you don’t have the mugs, you can still make and enjoy this drink. You just won’t look as cool enjoying it!
- 1-ounce lime juice
- 1/2 cup diet ginger beer
- 1 serving of Stevia simple syrup
- 2 shots of vodka
- Ice cubes—three to five depending on your preference
(Pro tip: Some lemon and ginger beer frozen into ice cubes works well to keep the drink from getting watered down.)
- Add all ingredients in a glass and stir.
- Garnish with lime and a small slice of ginger.
- Kick back and let the refreshment begin
*If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, swap out the vodka with two ounces of sparkling water, tonic, or club soda and don’t use the shaker…unless you like cleaning up messes!
Drink #2: Sparkling Raspberry Limeade
This drink is as refreshing as it sounds. Unfortunately, fruity drinks are often loaded with sugars, so we tweaked a couple of things to give you the same amazing taste without all the calories.
- 1 can or bottle of sparkling raspberry lemonade (chilled)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Juice from one medium lime
- 1/8 teaspoon of your preferred sweetener (or to taste)
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Divide into two glasses and serve.
- Sit back, drink, and relax.
*If you prefer an alcoholic version, add one to two ounces of your preferred brand of vodka (depending on how stiff you like your drinks).
Drink #3: Keto-Friendly Mojito
In our opinion, it doesn’t get much fresher or more “summery” than a great mojito. After all, who doesn’t like some delicious mint?
- 1 medium Key lime
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 oz white rum
- 2 oz club soda
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp powdered erythritol
- Juice the lime.
- Press the mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass using a stainless steel muddler.
- Add ice to the glass.
- Pour in the lime juice, powdered erythritol, club soda, and white rum.
- Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Start enjoying!
*If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, swap out the vodka with two additional ounces of sparkling water, tonic, or club soda.
Whatever your tastes, with a little creativity you can create some amazing summer drinks that are big on the refreshment but low on the calories and sugar. Now go do your best Tom Cruise impression (that’s a Cocktails reference) and let us know how things turn out!
When you’re looking for help and support on your health and weight loss journey, don’t hesitate to give Bee Healthy Clinics a call!